True Crime Seven is owned and operated by Sea Vision Publishing, LLC.
True Crime Seven values your privacy. This notice describes what information we collect, how we use it, and, if necessary, those with whom we share it.
The personal data of the users that are collected and processed through the website:
Will be under responsibility and in charge of:
- True Crime Seven
- Sea Vision Publishing, LLC
- 61-46 146PL Flushing, NY 11367
(Hereinafter referred to as “True Crime Seven”).
TYPES OF INFORMATION GATHERED
The information we learn from customers helps personalize and continually improve your experience at True Crime Seven. Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us. You provide information when you search, read and watch the content or communicate with us. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number (includes WhatsApp)
- IP address
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through our websites or online presence such as ‘cookies’.
True Crime Seven will not collect any personally identifiable information about you, unless you provide it.
Google AdSense. We use Google Analytics provided by Google, Inc., USA (“Google”). Google AdSense is an advertising service provided by Google LLC. This service uses the “DoubleClick” Cookie, which tracks use of this Website and User behavior concerning ads, products and services offered.
Automatic Information. Like many websites, we use “cookies.” We obtain certain types of anonymous information which is not personally identifiable when your web browser accesses True Crime Seven or third-party content served by or on behalf of True Crime Seven on other websites. Some of the information we collect and analyze includes the Internet protocol (IP) address; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and connection speed; purchase history; and the content you searched for, viewed, and possibly purchased.
Facebook Pixel: The Facebook Pixel is a code that allows you to collect information to track conversions, advertising campaigns, optimize your ads, build targeted audiences, and redirect you to audiences who have already taken action on your website. This code works by placing and enabling cookies that track users as they interact with the website and advertising campaigns on Facebook.
By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Website. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website or after making a purchase.
Users will be able to publish their comments on the content of this website. Depending on the settings chosen by the Owner, Users may also leave anonymous comments. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments.
If a content commenting service provided by third parties is installed, it may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the comment service is installed, even when Users do not use the content commenting service.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority. Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current website and services. We use personal information collected through our site as described below and described elsewhere in this Policy to:
- Identify you as a user in our system.
- Provide the services (advertising services).
- Provide and post the content (Blog).
- Show content and products through affiliate links (Amazon affiliate links).
- Improve our services, website, and how we operate our business.
- Understand and enhance your experience using our website and services.
- Send emails through bulk email delivery platforms such as MailChimp and Klaviyo.
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and news about True Crime Seven and our selected partners.
- Marketing purposes of True Crime Seven (Facebook pixel and Google).
- Link or combine your information with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
By providing us with personal information to communicate with you, you agree that we collect and use your information. You can withdraw your consent, contact us through the contact information or the contact page.
On our website you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, in which you can share your information.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We share customer information only as described below.
Affiliated Programs (Amazon): We offer our services in relation with affiliate programs of other websites. The personal information you provide to those websites is your responsibility. Affiliated websites may have different privacy practices and we recommend that you read their privacy policies to know how these websites process your personal data before you purchase any service or product.
Disqus: We use Disqus, provided by Big Heads Labs Inc. Disqus is a content commenting service.
GetResponse (Implix Sp. z o.o.): We use GetResponse, provided by Implix Sp. z o.o. GetResponse is an email address management and message sending service.
Protection of True Crime Seven and others. We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of True Crime Seven, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personally identifiable information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Anonymous Information. True Crime Seven uses the anonymous browsing information collected automatically by our servers primarily to help us administer and improve the platform and website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about the website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. This information is not personally identifiable.
Email Address. The email address that you supply to us for purposes of receiving our email communications will never be rented or sold to a third party.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the Website, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Website in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
True Crime Seven follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once True Crime Seven receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while True Crime Seven strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data provided to True Crime Seven:
- Access your personal data.
- Request the correction of inaccurate data.
- Request its deletion.
- Request limitation of the processing of your data.
- Oppose the treatment of your data.
- Request your portability.
- Not be subject to automated individual decisions.
The Users can exercise all these rights contacting us through the contact information or the contact page and indicating the reason for his request.
Without preconception to any other administrative appeal or legal action, the User shall have the right to submit a claim to a Control Authority, in particular in the Member State in which he or she has their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement. If you consider that the processing of your personal data is not appropriate to the regulations, as well as in the case of not seeing the exercise of your rights satisfied. The control authority in which the claim was filed will inform the claimant about the course and result of the claim.
EU MEMBERS’ RIGHTS (GDPR COMPLIANT)
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances.
We describe these rights below:
- Access and Porting: You can access your information at any time.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by contact us.
- Object: Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complain: Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
You can see more about these rights at:
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE (CalOPPA)
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
According to the California Online Privacy Protection act, you have the following rights:
- Know what personal data is being collected.
- Know whether your personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- Access to your personal data.
- Request to delete any personal information about you.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
We are in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, platform and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
EDITING AND DELETING INFORMATION
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can change, modify, rectify and delete your Information at any time, please contact us through the contact information.
To opt-out of True Crime Seven email, follow the instructions included in the email. Your request should be processed within 48 hours.
SUPPLIERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
True Crime Seven regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or True Crime Seven treatment of personal information by contacting us.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is True Crime Seven policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between True Crime Seven and an individual.