Have you ever imagined the life of a vigilante to be exciting?
Do you see them as righters of wrongs and seekers of justice?
Or are they something more sinister?
Vigilantes occupy a curious space in our collective psyche. On one hand, they are seen as almost modern knights, seeking truth and justice where the law has failed, while on the other they are no better than the criminals they seek, operating outside of normal societal conventions.
In this book, Vigilantes and the Media: 8 Horrific True Crime Stories of Vigilantes, we examine the lives of real vigilantes who often had their own agendas, like:
- Manuel Pardo Jr, who killed drug dealers and other criminals
- Pedro Filho who tackled Brazil’s murderers and rapists with a ruthless brutality
- Patrick Drum, who killed pedophiles for fun
- Bernard Goetz who became tired of New York’s subway muggers and exacted his own revenge
- Barry Gilton and Lupe Mercado who took revenge on a gang only for their own sordid lives to be revealed
Each of the cases examined is true and each one of the vigilantes portrayed has their own shocking secret and motive behind their actions.
Read on and be amazed at how these people took the law into their own hands, often for the most spurious of reasons and often for their own gain as well.